Do not let truth and mercy leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
–Proverbs 3:3 (NET)
The following is a list of twelve things that Dr. Charles Stanley says will happen if you fail to build truth in your life. Biblically-based as principles, they are evident to anyone who has lived a while and observed consequences for actions take place. If you think about them, they make perfect sense as results for living without truth in your life.
- You will believe error.
- You will develop evil habits.
- You will live in emotional bondage.
- Your spiritual growth will be hindered.
- It will continually throw you off balance emotionally.
- It will destroy your testimony.
- It grieves the heart of God.
- You will suffer continuing disappointment.
- You will have poor relationships.
- It hurts your self-image.
- You will always look to the past.
- You will fail to reach your potential.